Recycle Franking Machine Cartridges: How to Earn Money and Go Green by Recycling
Recycling is one of the most important ways to reduce your carbon footprint and gives you the feeling of turning green. Especially, the recycling of electrical items or appliances helps you leave a lasting impact and do planet Earth a favor.
Here are some interesting facts about the recycling of electrical products in the United Kingdom:
- Electric products are the fastest growing waste stream in the UK, growing by 5% each year
- 75% of electronic waste ends up in landfills
- In the life of 1 British citizen 3.3 tonnes of electronic waste
- In the United Kingdom, the amount of electrical waste that we created in a year would fill the new Wembley Stadium 6 times.
- 150 thousand double-decker buses with electric and electronic waste value are disposed of in the United Kingdom each year.
- £ 36,000,000 in aluminum is disposed of each year.
- 15 million mobile phones are updated in the United Kingdom each year, established end-to-end from John O & # 39; Groats to Lands End.  The current recycling in the United Kingdom is estimated to save more than 18 million tons of CO2 per year.
- The incineration of 10,000 tons of waste creates a job. Filling earth with the same amount creates six jobs but recycling it creates 36!
- Plastic bags and other plastic debris thrown into the ocean kill up to 1,000,000 sea creatures each year.
- More than 55 million printer cartridges enter landfills in the United Kingdom each year according to the UK Cartridge Remanufacture Association. That means that if everyone in the UK recycles printer cartridges and charges an average of 50p, consumers could claim a share of around £ 27.5 million by recycling their ink and toner cartridges.
Empty postage cartridges an important part of the inkjet cartridges that go to landfills every year. Therefore, the recycling of cartridges of postage machines means that not only can you earn some money but also help save the environment. There are some companies in the United Kingdom that pay money to customers when they recycle cartridges from postage machines. They also organize free pickup to pick up their empty franking machine cartridges. Even if your cartridges are worthless, happily they will recycle them for free.
The current difficult financial times require us not only to save the environment by reducing our carbon footprint but also to earn some money selling our old electrical items.