Rare PEZ Dispensers – Is Yours Worth Anything?
Did you know that there are actually rare PEZ dispensers that are worth a lot of money? There are hundreds of PEZ dispensers that have been produced, including popular comics and even movies. Consider the large number of PEZ candy dispensers that exist, with the different variations of each, and you can easily see how discovering which ones are valuable can be a difficult task. If you want to know if your PEZ dispenser is worth anything, here are some tips to help you solve it. Of course, you can also use these tips to find rare PEZ dispensers that are worth investing in. Many people are really avid collectors!
1. Do you have feet? One of the ways you can tell if you have one of the rare PEZ dispensers is to look and see if there are "feet". At the bottom of your dispenser, is there any part that helps you get up, right? If not, it was probably done before 1987. Rare dispensers that are older like that are worth more.
2. How it is packaged (if it has one) will also play a role in how valuable it is. MOMC stands for Mint on Mint Card. This is the most valuable, since it has the card and has not been scratched, bent or damaged in any way. The next value is MOC, which means Mint on Card. This means that it is in cardboard and is covered with a plastic ampoule. After that it's MIB, which means Mint in Bag. MIB means your PEZ
is in a cellophane bag. The least valuable is one that is not packaged at all.
3. The older ones are usually more valuable. Check the patent number on your PEZ dispenser. There will be a lot of numbers, but it only goes through the first two. For example, 2,604,331 are shortened to only 2,6. There are five different "groups" in which you could fall:
• 2.6 – If you belong to this group, then it is 1952
• 3.4 – If it falls in this group, then it's 1968
• 3.9 – If it falls in this group, then it's 1976
• 4.9 – If you belong to this group, then it's 1990
Of course, if you really want to find the most valuable ones, you could invest in a price guide. They are very useful, because it can be a challenge to find out if your dispenser is worth a lot of money. There are different variations of dispensers. For example, a Batman dispenser could sell for more than $ 175 … but not any Batman one. It has to be the right one. The one who sells for that has a gray base and a soft head. It is also one of those feetless as we have spoken before. So, if your Batman PEZ dispenser has feet, a base and a black head and is MOC, you will really only get a few dollars for it. The price guides of the PEZ dispenser will help you to identify the value of each one in a much easier way.