Old Indian Tricks to Fix My Wet Cell Phone – It Got Wet
Did your cell phone get wet and started to malfunction, or did it stop altogether? Do not worry, here is an easy answer for you. Your phone is an incredible device, but if it got wet you will need your help, and fast. You can do this correction at home, and if it still does not work, do not worry. Now let's see if we can make your phone work again!
This solution works approximately 75% of the time:
1. Be careful. Remove the battery as soon as humanly possible, so that nothing gets short or heated. Do not turn on the phone or try to charge it, this can make things worse!
2. Dry the battery with a clean towel and set it aside. It will not be put back on the phone until later.
3. Get another dry towel and shake the water from your cell phone, and dry it as well as you can.
4. If the cell phone has a SIM card, remove it and configure it with the battery.
5. If your cell phone was submerged underwater, tap it against a dry towel to moisten it. Then, expel the water with compressed air or a hair dryer with COOLING for approximately 15 minutes. If it gets wet only because of the rain, there may not be much water and you can skip this setting.
6. Now set your REGULAR OVEN by 175 degrees. Anything hotter will destroy the cell phone. Place the cell phone on a flat sheet of aluminum foil, in the middle of the oven. MAKE SURE THE BATTERY IS NOT ON THE PHONE! The battery should stay cool. THE BATTERY SHOULD NOT BE IN THE STOVE OR IT MAY BREAK OR BURN. Also, MAKE SURE THIS IS A REGULAR OVEN, NOT A MICROWAVE. A microwave oven would destroy the phone in a matter of seconds and cause a fire. THERE ARE NO MICROWAVES! Turn on the oven and let the soft warmness dry the phone for 4 hours.
7. Now that it has been hot for four hours, turn off the oven, let it cool down and carefully remove the phone from the oven. When the phone is at room temperature, insert the battery and the sim card if you have one. Charge it for at least an hour and then test it. If it works, let it load completely and you're ready to go, WOO HOO!
8. Check the performance of your cell phone in the coming weeks. If the trick of the oven worked, it's great, but be careful with things like cut suddenly, the screen does not look good, a button does not answer or the phone does not ring. Do not be surprised if this happens, because sometimes a small part of the circuit board will have damage when it gets wet. The best thing in that case would be to get a new cell phone for free.
9. If this solution did not work, you can take your phone to the store where you received it. Just for fun, wear a raincoat, hold it straight in front of you and say in a high, monotonous voice: "How can I fix my cell phone?" And see them laugh!