How to Make Money From My Recovery Truck
The recovery truck business can be a very difficult business to start. It can also be very frustrating at first because you, as the owner, have to find customers. They do not just come out of nowhere. You have to hit the pavement and take out fillings that will attract customers to your business. The problem is how do you do this. Is there any magic formula to spread the word? Why are some crane companies more successful than you? Well, it all comes down to the amount of marketing you're willing to do. The fact that he has brought a new recovery truck does not mean that people are going to flood his door wanting to tow their cars. Most people will not even know you exist. So, even before you buy a crane, you need to have a plan to spread the word that you are in business.
There are many ways to spread the word, but I think these suggestions will give you the greatest reward. When cars break down, where do they call first? Or call a mechanic or a crane company. Well, if they call a crane company they already have a favorite in mind. Even with that you need to cover your bases.
1. Get your crane company in the yellow pages. I know, I know who uses the yellow pages. Well, you will be surprised Many people work in offices that do not allow their employees to use the Internet. In these cases, they have to go to the old school and get the yellow pages book. This is your chance to do some business. When you place an ad in the yellow pages, you will want to have a large ad with images and toll-free numbers. This expense may cost a little more money, but it will be worth it. Did you know that the yellow pages are also online? Yes, the yellow pages are moving along with the times. They are now offering deals in their books and online to attract even more business.
2. Get business cards and pass them on. Do you know that all the people you come in contact with are potential customers in a towing business? All the people they come in contact with have a car or know someone who owns a car. Therefore, be sure to hand out your commercial automobile at every opportunity. That means when you go out for lunch, breakfast or dinner, leave your business card with your waiter. When you go to the grocery store, leave your business card with your cashier. When you stop to get the paper at 7:11, leave your business card with the person who is going to pay, the more business cards you can get, the more business you will potentially get.
3. Offer a bonus: some start-ups forget to use these little tricks when trying to get a new business. But it works. People are motivated by money and if you can provide a means to return money for earned business, you can get a small sales force that works for you without having to pay a payroll every month. This works by telling your mechanical friends or other people in the auto industry that if they recommend business and the person buys, they will get a bribe for that recommendation. The person who wants the service will have to mention his name however. This bribe can be from $ 5 to $ 10 dollars. But, if the mechanic or friend is good about recommending your service, this could be a small gold mine for you and the referent. A win win situation.
4. Contract with state agencies. This is very good and can provide many business to the right businessman. Accidents happen daily on our nation's highways and in state agencies, as state police need towing companies to obtain these vehicles when they break down. When you hire a state agency, they will call you when they need accident cleanup. Generally, the insurance company or the people who had the accident pay you, or you take the vehicle. At a minimum, if you are stuck with the vehicle, you can have it picked up by a scrap dealer who will pay between $ 300 and $ 500 for the car. That's easy money in your pocket.
5. Offer to collect junk cars for free. This could be a small gold mine on your part. People always try to get rid of old discarded cars that no longer work. You collect them for free and sell the parts yourself or sell the entire car to the scrap yard for a price. Either way, you earn money with a vehicle that nobody else wanted.
These are just some ideas that new crane owners have used over the years. The work and the help for the crane companies to take off. You must be proactive at the start, the more proactive you are, the more you can get more business.