Cheap Wedding Venues – 6 Top Money Saving Tips
These 6 best tips for saving money at cheap wedding venues are the result of extensive research along with the experiences of couples who have benefited from them. These strategies have helped them spend less on their wedding while making sure they have the wedding of their dreams.
1. The date of the wedding
Take your time to choose and agree on a wedding date that falls during the off-season wedding period, but still has a special meaning for both of you. The off-season period may differ depending on the country in which you are going to celebrate your wedding. It could mean certain months of the year, certain days of the week or even certain hours of the day. You can easily negotiate to secure cheap wedding venues during the off-season period when the business is not so competitive.
2. Number of guests
Your wedding is the most important day of your life. You want this to be a memorable and unforgettable event. Of course, it's your wedding! Both should agree on who to invite their wedding. The number of guests will decide the choice of cheap wedding venues.
3. Combine the venues of the wedding and the ceremony
You can save a lot of money if you have your wedding ceremony and reception in the same place. Do not forget that you must take into account the number of invited guests; especially if the ceremony and reception are held in a closed area such as a chapel or hall. However, you can always avoid this restriction by having a beach wedding.
4. Cheap wedding places that are perfect for you
Once you have determined the date of your wedding and the number of guests, you can start looking at a list of cheap wedding venues and choose the one that suits you. The following places for cheap weddings can offer you a unique and cheap wedding with the right planning:
• In a park: start from the list of parks with which you are both familiar. Usually, you would have some special romantic memories in one of these parks, so it would be especially meaningful to get married here. This option will also save you the expenses of at least the contract rate of the facilities.
• By a river: a wedding by the river is quite special and unique. A River Foreshore is so beautiful that your wedding will be romantic for you and pleasant for your guests. Remember to consult with the local council for any restrictions to have your wedding on the river beach. You can also choose to have your wedding on a River Cruiser cruise. This unique experience can become the highlight of your city.
• On the beach: many of you dream of a beach wedding. The breaking waves and the sand under your feet; everything is so natural and amazingly beautiful. The beach is one of the most popular cheap wedding places. You could make this experience even more memorable by having a wedding ceremony on the beach at sunset followed by a simple wedding reception, which would also definitely reduce your wedding expenses. Keep in mind that getting married on a public beach or a private beach may have different restrictions. Confirm and comply with these restrictions as part of your wedding ceremony and wedding reception plan. Be sure to include cleanup after the event as another part of your plan as well.
• Your backyard: When you decide to have a small private wedding, a wedding in the backyard is at the top of the list. The savings will include the expenses of the venue of the wedding and also the food and drinks. Your backyard would already offer beautiful and natural floral arrangements. All you need to add is a little party decoration to make it even more beautiful. Your choice of food could be catering; or you could mix it and make a wedding barbecue or even a tea party. Of course, having your wedding in your backyard can involve a lot of work. However, with careful planning and a little creativity, you can turn your backyard into the fairytale wedding of your dream. Definitely worth the effort.
• Local community rooms: Another option for cheap wedding venues is the local community. These are usually available to hire at a very low rate. In addition, they tend to be equipped with tables and chairs that are available for rent. Ask about your preferred providers that offer other facilities for any event, since you can often get a very special rate if you use your usual providers. When you need to invite a larger group of guests, a local community room would generally be a more affordable option.
• Institution rooms: many universities and colleges have large campus rooms that are available for rent to hold the wedding ceremony and reception. Some cities also have town halls that are available for rent. Take your time to verify this. This is definitely another option for a cheap wedding venue that is worth exploring.
• Churches: walking down the aisle of the church symbolizes the beginning of a new life with your spouse. This is especially significant for Christian couples. There is no specific rental rate if you choose to use a church chapel to carry out your wedding ceremony before proceeding to use the church room for your wedding reception. However, you must present a voluntary gift to the church to make use of the facilities.
• Any new place that is less popular: look for restaurants or hotels that have recently opened. In general, they are more open to negotiations and can offer a good discount. This could be a win-win situation for both parties, since a perfect wedding reception would help them promote their future businesses, and you would get the benefits of reduced costs without compromising quality.
5. Calculate total expenses
Decide your wedding venue option from the list of available cheap wedding venues. Then, remember to calculate the total expenses required. Expenses may include the rental of tables and chairs, decorations, set-up, etc. You should also consider the type of wedding menu.
6. Have a backup plan
Cheap wedding venues can save you thousands of dollars. But nobody can guarantee perfect weather on your wedding day. Therefore, I can not stress enough that you should always have a backup plan if you have chosen an outdoor wedding venue. Having said that, you should not let a little rain ruin your perfect day.